If you want to see a place that is pure beauty then White Sands National Monument is the place to see for sure. There is a lot to see and do here. There are many different kinds of things you can do for fun.
1. You can hike for miles and miles around the sand dunes. This time I did hike with my Flip Flops. Barefoot was so much fun.
2. You can go sledding down the sand.
3. You can backpack and sleep at night under that stars.
4. You can do some photography I loved my sunset pictures.
5. You can have a family picnic.
6. If you have kids let them do the ranger program.
Also just make sure when you do visit to make sure that it is open. The Monument can close due to missile testing. To check to make sure they are open Click Here.
If you would like to check out the National Park Service website Click Here